Time & Location
Aug 17, 2022, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM MDT
Layton, 1261 E 300 N, Layton, UT 84040, USA
About the event
In this in person/hands on class we will discuss and show you what your hive should look like by the end of fall getting ready for winter. We will go over the following:
- Varroa mites and what we use to treat them and when to use it, along with testing for mites.
- Should you feed them and if so when?
- What weight should you aim for before it gets too cold?
- What configuration should your hive look like as we enter fall?
- Check the overall health of the hive.
- When should I reduce my hive entrance?
- Should I be worried about robbing/wasps?
Items to bring:
-Note taking material
Let us work together while helping our bees stay healthy and give them the best chance to overwinter. We hope to see you soon!